« Home | A Semi-Lucid Defense of Rap Music » | War Criminals of the World » | Photo ID Throwdown » | The Great Chubby's Debate » | Baseball Roundtable » | The UW Gets it Right » | Story of the Year » | Is "Money Laundering" in the Dictionary? » | Disturbing the Brewer Balance » | The Apocalypse is Upon Us »

What is Happening to Me?

Last night, terrorists broke into my house and forced me at gunpoint to watch "Music and Lyrics," a romantic comedy starring Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore. After the movie was over, a disorienting sensation came over me - I realized that I actually now liked Drew Barrymore. After a lifetime of abhorring every movie she came within 20 miles of, suddenly I found myself taken. Maybe I just need to rent "Charlie's Angels" to get my life back.

This is disquieting, to say the least. When I awake on Friday, I find it equally plausible that I will:

1. Be a woman
2. Be running the Sharpton for President campaign, or:
3. Not find mustaches funny anymore.

As for the movie itself, it really wasn't all that bad save for a preposterous ending. I think I actually even liked it more than my wife, who has "Volver" all queued up for us this weekend.