« Home | The Common Cause Forum, 4/28/08 » | Burning Up the Airwaves » | A Scheduling Note For Your Consideration » | Why the closer is the most overrated player in bas... » | Can You Smell What Barack is Cooking? » | Brewin' Up a Melting Pot » | There Won't Be Blood » | The Virginia Tech Shootings as Political Theater » | In Remembrance » | Scalia Hath Spoken »

Madison - the Apple of Jessica's Eye

As the state's leading Albatomist, I have to pass on a story about my girl that actually has a local angle.

On Jessica Alba's only moderately legible blog, she confesses to being a big fan of the "Apples to Apples" board game. She was able to quit reading my blog just long enough to type the following with her perfect little fingers:

"Been playing a lot of board games lately…apples to apples is a new favorite of mine. I know super cool right J"

(As long as she teaches our child how to write a complete sentence, I think I might be able to put up with her assassination attempt of the English language.)

As many may know, Apples to Apples is the creation of Wisconsin-based Out of the Box Publishing, currently headquartered in Dodgeville. When you think about it, this is way bigger news than dopey Johnny Depp showing up in Wisconsin for 36 hours.

Consequently, I am offering to referee any kind of Apples to Apples worldwide competition, as long as my girl agrees to be there. Plus, there will be plenty of room on my futon in case she needs a place to crash. Unfortunately, I won't be able to join her, as my wife will be busy burying my dismembered body in the backyard after she finds out I made the offer.