« Home | Keeping Tabs on SXSW » | Baron von Fathead Strikes Again » | Bracket in Flames » | My Bracket » | This Simply Has to be Seen to be Believed » | Bizarre Love Triangle » | Majerus Blog » | Don't Call it a Comeback » | "How Did This Dope End Up on My TV?" »

Saving Me From Myself

So for Christmas last year, I got my wife a year long "wine of the month" membership at Barriques. It's actually great - they do a really good job picking out wines, although the downside is that you have to go to the store and pick them up once a month.

I was working late tonight, and remembered that I needed to pick up the wine before I came home. I went straight from work to Barriques, and it looked like they were closing. I went in and asked if I could just pick up my wine, even though the register was closed. The girl there said that was fine, then corrected herself.

"It's after 9:00 - I can't let you walk out of here with it."

I looked at my watch and noticed it was 9:03. And I couldn't leave with a bottle of wine I purchased in December of 2006.

So thank you, state law, for saving me from the convenience of picking up my wine. We are all much safer now that I have to make an extra trip out to Barriques to get it. Lord knows the damage I could do with that corked bottle in the back seat of my car on the way home.