« Home | Template Issues » | Check Engine Soon » | (Bad) Health Care for All » | For Those About to Pretend to Rock » | That's Me, Dude » | Public Access Abuse » | Irregular Lovin' » | I Heart C and M » | Two Thumbs "Up" » | You Are What You Swallow »

The Borrowed Book Conundrum

Quick question: when you borrow a book that you don't intend on reading, for how long should you keep it? A neighbor of mine suggested I borrow this book of his that I have no intention of reading. If I give it right back to him, he's going to know I didn't read it and probably be offended (it's like 600 pages). If I keep it too long, he's going to think I'm either not going to give it back or he's going to assume I read the whole thing and start asking questions about it. So I need to give the impression that I read it, but didn't enjoy it enough to talk about it. I may just ring his doorbell, drop the book, and run for it.