« Home | The Doctor is Dead to Me » | Estrogen Level Raised to Red » | David Maraniss at Sequoya Library » | Bask in Bumper Sticker Wisdom » | Picking Up the Trash » | In the haus » | The Magic of YouTube » | Here and Now: Protecting Our Workplaces » | Even Better Than The Real Thing » | Quiet! Genius At Work In Minnesota »

A Special Thanks...

...to parents who send their kids to day care while they're sick. Due to your thoughtfulness, my son was throwing up on Friday, my daughter was throwing up on Saturday, and I was made to hug the toilet on Sunday and Monday.

Once your kids get sick, it's almost like a zombie movie - you know you've been bitten by a zombie, so you just have to sit back and wait to turn into one. By Saturday night, I was resigned to my fate. And sure enough, I haven't been able to eat anything but a banana for three days. Fortunately, I was able to work my way through the entire first season of "Friday Night Lights," which is a spectacular show.

(Cough...)

UPDATE: Today is my wife's turn to be sick. The germ is now an outstanding 4-for-4 in our family, making it the Ryan Braun of viruses.