« Home | Even Better Than The Real Thing » | Quiet! Genius At Work In Minnesota » | Al Bundy Retires To Miami » | There Goes The Neighborhood » | Brand Spankin' New Format » | Here and Now, November Edition » | Nick Drake: A Skin Too Few » | Curt Schilling Would Pitch for the Brewers » | Hitler's Hotbox » | Blog of "Interest" »

Here and Now: Protecting Our Workplaces



Here's my Here and Now commentary for this week. It discusses the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, which prevents employers from considering arrest or conviction record when making hiring or firing decisions. I could go on for hours on this topic, but I only get 90 seconds.

As a side note, I have to give a lot of credit to the folks at Wisconsin Public Television - they have never prevented me from saying anything I wanted on the air. Every now and then, they'll make a suggestion with regard to clarity, but they've never edited content - even when it's clear that they think they're putting a lunatic on the air.

I know public broadcasting takes a beating from conservatives, but I can say that in my experience, the people at WPT have been a joy to work with. And the fact that they give me the occasional outlet to speak my mind shows that at least on the state level, they are looking for some kind of ideological balance.