« Home | Rock, Chalk » | Trousers Product Review: White Castle Microwave Bu... » | Caught in a Jam » | For Gableman, The Work Now Begins » | The Constitution Gets an Extreme Makeover » | The Reaper At My Door » | The Revolution Will Be Televised » | Eric Gagne: The second "g" is not silent » | Happy Birthday to the Old Man » | The Post Has Spoken »

The Civil Rights Controversy of Our Era

I hate to get all Jeremiah Wright on everybody, but I noticed something at the grocery store this morning. Maybe this is my inner liberal coming out, but for some reason I still cringe when presented with the choice of buying Aunt Jemima or Mrs. Butterworth's syrup.

And yes, apparently Mrs. Butterworth is black, although it has been decades since they've used her as a human image. Maybe their company recognized that this matronly image was an affront to African Syrup Americans.

In fact, you'd be much better off buying Uncle Jemima's Mash Liquor: