« Home | Things I'd Rather be Doing » | Quiz Time » | 11 Guys You Meet in Pickup Basketball » | Fabulous Investing » | Why I Love Wisconsin » | News You Can Use » | Looks That Kill » | May God Bless the Japanese » | Go Get Your Sykes Book » | My First Promise as Governor »

Larry Craig: Very Not Gay

I have to sheepishly admit that it took me a while to figure out what the whole Larry Craig deal was about. And I have to admit that when I found out that he was lookin' for love in all the wrong places, I just said "is that it?"

As everyone knows now, Craig plead guilty to soliciting an undercover officer for sex in an airport bathroom. Craig steadfastly maintains that he's not gay - although he's pretty sure that the last couple of guys he hosed in bathroom stalls probably were. (Okay, I actually made that up.)

Liberals have jumped on Craig (not in that way), saying he's a hypocrite for doing such things as opposing gay marriage. I actually think that makes him perfectly consistent - if you polled straight married guys, you'd find a lot of them are against marriage, as well. Craig is just sparing other gay couples the nagging and having to eat leftovers all the time.

What I find interesting is that there's apparently some kind of bathroom code for soliciting sex. Sliding your foot under the door of the next stall is supposed to be a sign or something. Where exactly are these rules posted? If there was a website explaining the code, I propose they rename it it "Craigslist." Assuming it's not taken.

I suppose, in Craig's defense, it's entirely possible he just got the code mixed up. He could have thought the double-toe-tap actually meant "can I have some of your Doritos?"

There is a lesson here about airport bathrooms, though. Be very careful if you go into a stall while listening to your iPod and tapping your foot. You could end up in the middle of a hot man sandwich before you know it.

Anyway, if there was any question as to whether Craig is gay, this video should put that nasty rumor to rest: