« Home | Who is Looking Out for the Stupid? » | Cutting Down Religion » | Adrien Brody is Causing the Recession » | Wisconsin's Ready for Its Close-Up » | Crazy Constituent A-Go-Go » | Boiled Frog and Taxes » | Deep thoughts on taxes on the way... » | The Real Obama Girl » | A Healthy Dose of Spite » | Chris Rock on the 2008 Elections »

Roadkill on the Information Highway

Some of you may remember when I "came out" of my anonymous persona last February. I chose to do it in a Melanie Conklin interview in the Wisconsin State Journal. She seemed to be under the impression that I was somehow worth interviewing, so I happily agreed.

Fast forward to yesterday, when I got a flurry of e-mails from people pointing out that Melanie's latest "Drinks With...." column features another blogger (Ryan Zeinert) here in Madison. They gleefully highlighted the fact that Melanie has found a "new flavor of the week," and that I am now "old news."

So it is true, my carcass had now been cast aside. The empty shell of a once-interesting blogger, replaced by a newer model. I always knew Melanie would leave me for a younger man, but it doesn't blunt the sting much. I feel like an aging stripper, clinging to the pole for one last teary rendition of "Kickstart my Heart," while men turn away in horror. Or something like that.

Anyway, I wish Ryan Zeinert the best of luck on his newfound fame and the untold riches that are likely to follow. I just hope he thinks about us trailblazers when I'm begging him for loose change down on State Street.